The American Revolution was to dream the unthinkable: fifty-six men who pledged their “lives, fortunes and sacred honor” to overthrow the world’s greatest military power. What was the spirit that motivated these men? What was the spirit behind the American Revolution? Learn the answers to these questions as you investigate both their words and their actions in The Spirit of the American Revolution.
• Discover the meaning of the legal phrase on which the American Revolution was based: “The Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God.”
• Visit the first session of the U.S. Congress in 1774 and observe the lengthy prayer session from which the nation was birthed.
• Follow the military exploits of Major-General Rev. John Peter Muhlenburg, the Rev. James Caldwell, and Ethan Allen.
• Learn what John Adams, George Washington, Samuel Adams, and Patrick Henry had to say about God’s hand in the American Revolution.
• Learn something of the fifty-six individuals who signed the Declaration of Independence – men like Benjamin Rush, Samuel Huntington, Stephen Hopkins, Matthew Thornton, Samuel Chase, and many others.
Learn about all of this and much more in The Spirit of the American Revolution.